Saturday, December 08, 2007

You say potato


Musharraf is not just firing judges who won’t take an oath of allegiance to him, he is taking away their pensions.

Warsaw prosecutors have ended a 17-month criminal libel investigation of a German newspaper that called President Kaczynski a potato, citing “a lack of evidence.”

Did that story remind all of you of the caricatures of King Louis Philippe as a pear, or was that just me?

And as filler for an uninspired blogger, a New York magazine competition, from 2/24/92, calling for a familiar quotation (1), and the silent reaction (2) of a listener or reader.
1. “Tomorrow and tomorrow...”
2. Is that from “Annie Hall”?

1. “I was a child and she was a child/ In this kingdom by the sea/ But we loved with a love that was more than love...”
2. Nobody doesn’t like Annabel Lee.

1. “I shot an arrow into the air,/ It fell to earth, I knew not where.”
2. Dial 911, I’ll try to work his hat off.

1. “Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?”
2. Coming soon, “Little Caesar II.”

1. “You won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore.”
2. Quick – where’s the “Kick me” placard?

No comments:

Post a Comment