Monday, June 11, 2007

Bush in Bulgaria: I call him George


Bush went to Bulgaria today.


He met with its President Parvanov, of whom he said, “I call him George. He calls me George.” Parvanov probably calls himself by his actual name, which is Georgi.

He praised Bulgaria for joining the EU and NATO: “These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved.” Cuz they’ve, you know, achieved them.


The forthcoming confidence vote on Alberto Gonzales made George positively incoherent with rage: “I, frankly, find it interesting that in -- a so-called important subject they need to get to would be to pass a political resolution on my Attorney General that’s going to have no bearing on whether he serves in office, or not. ... this process has been drug out a long time, which says to me it’s political.” You know, because of the drugging. “[H]e -- they haven’t said, here’s -- you’ve done something wrong, Attorney General Gonzales. And therefore, I ascribe this lengthy series of news stories and hearings as political. And I’ll make the determination if I think he’s effective, or not, not those who are using an opportunity to make a political statement on a meaningless resolution.”


Sounds like he needed a little something to take the edge off. Fortunately, there was a lunch, with toasts,


and that got him in a more mellow mood. “And I care deeply about the Bulgarian nurses,” he said.

Don’t we all, George, don’t we all.



No comments:

Post a Comment